Tuesday 13 May 2014

Post 2: Baby Steps | 13/05/2014

Its been a few days since I last posted. Well, here are some updates:

Tan Teng Niah House, 37 Kerbau Road
First things first, I visited the Tan Teng Niah House again with my Darling Dee(Adillah). We took photographs on both the first level and the exterior of the house. (Not to mention the unbelievable amount of selfies we took! Haha!) We were not granted permission to visit the top/2nd level as they were private offices. However, being the stubborn children your parents probably warned you about, we attempted to explore the prohibited space. We managed to grab some shots before we got chased out by one of the office workers. It was definitely still worth the try!J

Next, we headed to the Library to check out some books on Interior Design. Armed with some basics on Interior Design and Space Planning, I borrowed 2 books that I thought would be helpful. I was in a rush, so these books are not exactly what I was looking for. However, they were still worth a read; I guess its time for me to head back to the library!

Last but not least, I have decided to post my full understanding of the design brief so that I know I have not missed out on any details. So do look out for my next post, probably tonight! As for now, Sayōnara!


Love, Lulu<3

PS: Below are some of the picts i took on 10/5/2014 with my Baby Nikon D3200.



Colourful Facade after Restoration

Angled shot highlighting the Colors that stood out against the faded sky

Name Plate at the entrance of the house, stating 'Siew Song' or Elegant Pine.
Referring to the wife of Tan Teng Niah, whom the house was built for.

My last shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment